CPRP-DEI certification gives participants new tools for recruiting and retaining diverse teams
OKEMOS, MI – The Association for Advancing Physician and Provider Recruitment (AAPPR), the leading authority of physician recruitment and retention, is celebrating the first group of members to complete its Certified Physician/Provider Recruitment Professional Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (CPRP-DEI) certification. The certification program was launched during the AAPPR Annual Conference in April 2022.
The course, which has been peer reviewed by fellow physician and provider recruiters and approved by the AAPPR Board of Directors, provides an advanced certification for those already holding a current CPRP certification. Through this curriculum, AAPPR is working to give recruiters the tools they need to create a more diverse and inclusive environment in their organizations.
“We recognize the need for providing relevant and actionable learning opportunities to further the cause for social justice and equality in health care and our world,” said AAPPR CEO Carey Goryl, MSW, CAE. “After completing the program, participants can demonstrate skills and leadership proficiency in diversity recruitment, further fostering a new ability to influence effective DEI and diversity recruitment strategies to support and drive systemic change.”
The following AAPPR members received their CPRP-DEI certification after completing the program:
- April Pittsinger, Confluence Health
- Marcia Anderson, Luminis Health
- Tina Holt, LifePoint Health
- Amber Williams, UNC Health
- Tracy Barton, Virginia Mason Franciscan Health- Franciscan Medical Group
- Timmy Coleman, Atrium Health
- Keith James, Virgin Islands Department of Health
- Megan Zielinski, Mercy Clinic
- Holli McConnell, Sentara Medical Group
- Emerson Moses, Optum
- Allyson Hollingsworth, Providence St. Joseph Health
- Aisha DeBerry, UVA Health
- Tina Stover, WVU Medicine
- Anita Mitchell, Texas Association of Community Health
- Armando Garza, The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley
- David Aragon, VHA National Recruitment Service
To earn this distinction requires members to complete 3.5 hours of self-guided learning along with other instruction and then passing an exam.
The next available course for certification will be held on November 16, 2022 in Indianapolis. For more information, visit https://aappr.org/news-events/fall-in-person-courses/.
About The Association for Advancing Physician and Provider Recruitment (AAPPR)
The Association for Advancing Physician and Provider Recruitment (AAPPR) is a nationally recognized leader in health care provider recruitment, onboarding, and retention. For more than 30 years, AAPPR has empowered physician and advanced practice provider recruitment leaders to transform care delivery in their communities by providing best-in-class practices, up-to-date industry knowledge, and evolving innovative approaches for hiring, onboarding, and retaining exceptional clinical talent. To learn more or to become an organizational member of AAPPR, please visit https://aappr.org/join-now.